Monday, November 29, 2004

Teach Your Children Well...

Their fathers' hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they pick's, the one you'll know by.


My daddy told me when I was a little girl that if I married a Republican he would disown me. I think I learned that lesson well. Matter of fact I learned it so well that I have been known not to enter into relationships with professed Republicans.

You see I'm not the first generation to be given the "Republican" ultimatum. This goes WAAAAY back on my paternal grandmas side. All the way back to my Great-Great Grandfather Wilson Daniel Kenzie. He was one of the soldiers called on to identify the body of John Wilkes Booth after he was burned out of Garrett's barn near Port Royal, Virginia. Funny thing was...
it wasn't Booth...and he knew it. But that's another story.

I suppose my point is that if you teach a child that something is so important that their family or country's security depends upon it ...well it becomes ingrained. So maybe, because of generations of distrust, I have become the liberal that I am.

Fortunately, The Christian right are
teaching their children well . Guess it will all balance out in the long-run, huh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now lets all pray for president bush and hope his heart finnally shrivels into nothing and his body gives way.

6:24 AM, December 03, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home