Thursday, January 13, 2005

Dumbmocracy

Well, those of you who know me, know that I have issues with the current state of affairs in the White House. I realize that there has never been anyone to hold the office of President other than a Jesus lover. Hey, don't get me wrong, Christ seems like he was a cool guy and all. I'm a pagan, but I respect folks considered to be prophets in other faiths and religions. Generally these types had something to say that can better us a human beings in our very short existence here on earth.
My issue is that if America is a melting pot of cultures and faiths, it's not quite fair that one religion dictates the Presidents choices on how to run our lovely country. That's how Holy Wars get started. And Theocracies. FUCK THAT.
Sooo, until the religious right can come down from the clouds and recognize that there are a whole litany of other faiths that believe in Love, Compassion, and doing right by humanity I am absolutely against any kind of religion in the White House.
In the meantime, I found a site that carries
T-shirts that express my opinion rather well- DUMBMOCRACY . Maybe I should suggest a "No Holy War For Oil" shirt...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home